The Vices present a contrasting mix of Britpop and Surf Rock. Imagine Cage The Elephant and The Strokes having a love-child who happens to possess a live-energy that reminds one of the early Chili Peppers. These are some big names, but above all The Vices always stay true to themselves. With child-like fun and relentless ambition they can easily play tight and explosive or playful and danceable. This all resulted in their first club tour immediately selling out and Nothing But Thieves taking The Vices along as their support act to the big stages of Europe. Big stages, small stages, moshing or dancing, it doesn’t matter: The Vices will blow your socks off with a huge smile!
- The Band is working on new music together with Charlie Andrew (producer Alt-J).
- The Vices joined the roster of MINT Talent Group. They will return to to the US in '24.
- The Vices played a showcase at Reeperbahn 2023.
- Vicefest Groningen, a festival organised by The Vices, on 23/09/2023 was sold out.
- Nothing But Thieves invited The Vices again to be their support act at their show in Stuttgart.
- On the June 6 The Vices announced their biggest club shows so far, in the Oosterpoort, Groningen and Paradiso, Amsterdam.
- The Vices announced a new Dutch club tour, starting in November 2023, for which over a 1000 tickets were sold in the first 24 hours.
- The Vices' new album 'Unknown Affairs, released on March 17th 2023, reached over 1.5M streams within a month.
- The Vices performed at The New Colossus Festival and SXSW in New York (March 2023).
- The Vices played 4 shows on Eurosonic in The Netherlands 2023.
- The Vices' 'Spit it out' club tour in The Netherlands was SOLD OUT completely with capacities up to 800.
- The Vices were support act for Kensington for 3 sold-out show in the Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam (36.000 spectators).
- The Vices were main supportact for Nothing But thieves during their European tour shows in 2022.
- Their debut album 'Looking For Faces' was very well received and reached #1 in the Dutch physical sales charts and #13 in the Dutch national charts.
- 'Strange Again' was rewarded with the MegaHit on national radio station 3FM and KINK radio and reached #3 in the German Campus charts.
- The band received airplay on 3FM, Radio 2, KINK and loads of German alternative radio stations.
- The Vices’ first shows were as support of YUNGBLUD and at the internationally well known show-case festival ESNS. ESNS is a showcase festival and music conference. Selling out each year ESNS attracts over 4.000 professional delegates, including 400 international festivals, and showcases around 350 European artists for over 40.000 visitors total.
- As house band of ‘M’ The Vices played on Dutch national television for 25 days.
- Every show of The Vices’ first Dutch club tour was sold out.
- Before heading to Brighton, The Vices have completed a successful European headline tour through Germany, France, Czech Republic and the UK.
SOCIAL MEDIA STATS
Instagram followers: 9.400
Spotify followers: 11.900
Spotify streams per month: 319.700
Spotify listeners per month: 117.500
Facebook followers: 3.000
IMPORTANT FESTIVALS THE VICES PERFORMED
- Zwarte Cross
- Best Kept Secret